Happy, Happy New Year to each of you!!! Can we just take a minute to pause and give God praise, and also send up a huge thank you to Him, for allowing us to celebrate another decade. Lord, we praise you for your faithfulness in 2019, and we trust you to remain faithful in 2020 . You are “I AM”, and you have been nothing less than faithful to us. We are grateful that you will continue to perform everything that you purposed in us. We praise you because, you are faithful we expect to see your promises fulfilled in every area of our lives that we surrender to you.
2 Corinthian 20 (TPT) assures us of that. “For all of God’s promises find their “yes” of fulfillment. And as his, “yes” and our “amen” ascend to God, we bring him glory!”
What does it mean to be faithful?
KJV definition of faithful.
1. Firm in adherence to the truth and to the duties of religion. 2. Firmly adhering to duty of true fidelity loyal true to allegiance as a faithful subject.
3. constant in the performance of duties or services exact in attending to commands as a faithful servant.
4. Observant of compact, treaties, contracts, vows or other engagements true to one's word. A government should be faithful to its treaties individuals, to their word.
5. True exact in conformity to the letter and spirit as a faithful execution of a will.
6. True to the marriage covenant as a faithful wife or husband.
7. Conformable to truth as a faithful narrative or representation.
8. Constant not fickle as a faithful lover or friend.
9. True worthy of belief. 2 Timothy 2 .
I want to share with you from the book of Jude . Jude only wrote one chapter in the sixty-six book love letter God left us. It is a powerful book!!! In this one chapter Jude which has three part. Part one giving us warning about false teachers (vs. 1-16), you should go read it. The other two parts is what I would like to share with you in this devotional. Jude’s call to us as believers’ to remain faithful (vs. 17-23) (this is our part), and Jude’s prayer of praise sealing that call (vs. 24-25). When we do our part (Jude 1:17-23), put a praise on it, then the rest is on God (Jude 1:24-25). Since we know Him to be faithful, let’s be reciprocate that same faithfulness by living life in the Spirit.
Jude 1:17-25 (The Passion Translation)
17 But you, my delightfully loved friends, remember the prophecies of the apostles of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One. 18 They taught you, “In the last days there will always be mockers, motivated by their own ungodly desires.” 19 These people cause divisions and are followers of their own natural instincts, devoid of the life of the Spirit.
20 But you, my delightfully loved friends, constantly and progressively build yourselves up on the foundation of your most holy faith by praying every moment in the Spirit. 21 Fasten your hearts to the love of God and receive the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who gives us eternal life.
22 Keep being compassionate to those who still have doubts, 23 and snatch others out of the fire to save them. Be merciful over and over to them, but always couple your mercy with the fear of God. Be extremely careful to keep yourselves free from the pollutions of the flesh.
24 Now, to the one with enough power to prevent you from stumbling into sin]and bring you faultless before his glorious presence to stand before him with ecstatic delight, 25 to the only God our Savior, through our Lord Jesus Christ, be endless glory and majesty, great power and authority—from before he created time, now, and throughout all the ages of eternity. Amen!
Remaining Faithful to a Faithful God,